MODELSPEAK

close or Esc Key
I sacrificed Mumbai for Nepal
I was originally supposed to do a show in Mumbai when I got the offer to come here. I had no idea about Nepal and didn’t know what to expect. Nevertheless I took a chance by sacrificing the Mumbai show in favour of this one. I’m glad I did and have no regrets as I’m amazed at how great the Nepal experience has turned out for me. For one thing a lengthy runway is a dream for a model and that’s what they have here. Nepal is like a home away from home.
I plan to concentrate on doing shows abroad and although I’ve been getting plenty of offers from Bollywood I’m waiting for the right opportunity. I wouldn’t say no to Nepali movies depending on the role and script.
- Simran Kaur
Miss India Universe 2008

I’m no stranger to Nepal as I lived here for 10 years when my father was posted here with Surya Nepal. I have plenty of Nepali friends both here and in Mumbai as well. I’m impressed with the show and the efforts of the designers to meet international standards. Nepal’s tradition and the authenticity of its people have come across in their creations.
My advice to aspiring models is to stand out from the rest with your uniqueness. Don’t imitate the others and let your own true colours show.
- Deeksha Seth
Fresh Face Miss India 2009
 
“I don’t consider myself a supermodel. During a show the part that makes me most nervous is when I first make my entry on the ramp but after that it’s cool. I’ve been in the modeling profession for seven years but I also have a regular job in the housing industry. My advice to upcoming models is to work hard and be yourself.”
Shristi Shrestha, Nepali supermodel

 
“Ever since I started modeling a few months ago, offers have been pouring in. As male models we are the heroes of the show. It’s a fabulous experience to participate in the TGIF Nepal Fashion Week even though modelling in Nepal is mostly about females.” 
- Anish Basnet, male model


 
“My modeling stint began when I won the Lux Supermodel contest in 2006 which kickstarted my modeling career. I think the designers have done a fantastic and admirable job with their designs. Though many have negative thoughts about the modeling profession, I personally find nothing shady about it. My comparatively long stint in modeling is what makes me different from the rest.”
- Sonu Poudel, Nepali supermodel
 
"I’m delighted with the opportunity to walk the ramp for IEC for the very first time because of its international standards, even though my modeling days stretch back to 1998. My priority on the ramp is to showcase the designers’ concept as they have envisioned it, in the way I walk and pose. I shut out any negative reactions from the audience for fear of goofing up." 
- Sizan Bhattachan, Nepali model
 
“It’s my first time in Nepal and I wish I had the time to see the place as we’re here for only three days.
Walking the ramp in Nepal is not really different from the shows back home in Ukraine. I would love to come again.”
- Olgo, Ukrainian supermodel


 
“I like to smile on the ramp as everybody needs to have something unique about them, so my smile is my unique feature.” - Roaleey Ryan, Indian Supermodel





“It’s been three years since I walked the ramp and it was a very enjoyable experience. I certainly would love to do more ramp shows should offers come my way.
I admired the designers’ choice of colours and concepts tonight. Let me add that The Himalayan Times rocks!”
Malvika Subba, Miss Nepal 2002

 
“Nepal is my second home” 

“I feel like Nepal is my second home even though it’s my first visit to the country and therefore my first show in Nepal. I feel very comfortable here and it’s no different than India. The level of professionalism in the show is absolutely up to international standards.
I think the Nepali models have a bright future ahead of them and there’s really no difference between them and the Indian models. They seem to be very committed to their profession.”
Ashima Jain, Indian supermodel