Sooraz Shrestha, Singer & Photo Journalist

sooraz shrestha
“Samjana cha chodi jane lai maya cha birsi jane lai” is one of the sweet composition of Sooraz Shrestha. He is one of the versatile artists and has passion for music. He had taken training from Jojiju music training center for about three years and has collectively performed in different parts of Nepal along with India, Darjeeling and Sikkim. In the year 2000, he created a sensation with his album “Anjaan Mayalu.” Meantime, he took a break in the middle from his career. In the year 2005, he joined Pokharacity.com & ThikThak.com and started working as the photographer and graphic designer. He has also been able to establish himself as a prominent photographer in the modeling sector. He is also the member of NFPJ (photo journalist). He is now back and with his new album “Imagination” which will be out in the market pretty soon. At present, he is quite busy preparing for his album.
Name: Sooraz Shrestha
Birth date: June 3
Musical Career start date: 2057
Inspiration: My family and friends
Definition of Music: “An art of life”
First song: “samjana cha chodi jane lai”
First Album: “Anjaan Mayalu”
Favorite model: Namrata Shrestha and Babina Sharma
Favorite singer: Karna Das, Shiva Pariya, Kunal Ganjawala & sunidhi chauhan
Favorite Music Arranger: Rajan Ishan, Maharaj Thapa
Famous songs: samjana cha chodi jane lai, Nayan ko jadoo, nidh chaina raat ma.
Passion: music, photography & graphic design
Definition of love: "Source of Living"
Definition of music: "An art of life"

Here is a short interview with him:

Which song of yours are you mostly satisfied with?

I am satisfied with my song “samjana cha chodi jane lai” and this song is very close to my heart.

How many songs have you recorded till now?

I have done eighteen songs till date.

What do you feel about the present condition of musical sectors?

It’s in improved state for those who take music professionally rather than a way of passing time.

How would you describe yourself in one word?

It would be Passionate.

How would you define life as?

Life is a challenging journey with lots of ups and downs. One has no idea when it ends so I believe in living life to the fullest.

How would you define Sex as?

It is a necessity.

If you could change one habit of yours, what would it be?

I have a very bad habit that I easily trust people and later have to repay my mistake so I would like to change this habit.

What do you like to do in your leisure time?

I am a film manic so I like to watch movies in my leisure.

Which professions are you involved in besides singing?

I work as the photographer and graphics designer in ThikThak.com and Pokharacity.com and at present I have also initiated a restaurant called ‘Red Chilly’ in Sitaldevi.

What is the goal or motto of your life?

My motto is to be identified as someone then just being an ordinary person in a huge crowd.

What are your future plans?

I am thinking to initiate a Music Video Production House as well as continue with photography in my coming future.

Lastly what would you like to say to your well wisher?

I would like to thank those who always supported as well as inspired me and are still supporting me in my work.